10-day adventure starting in Madrid during Pride; then sail the lush Douro River Valley with it’s enchanting towns and celebrated wines of Portugal.
Indulge your passion for food, history, and music as you discover the warmth of Portugal and Spain. Experience the “sunny side” of Europe, starting in radiant Madrid, then follow the Douro River through Spain and into Portugal. Feel the warm sun on your skin as you cruise past terraced hills, quaint villages and acres of ripe vineyards. From taking in a traditional flamenco show to visiting a local café to, of course, memorable local food and wine tastings, this all-gay Brand g cruise and tour gives you the very best of the region.
Cruise through the UNESCO-designated Douro Valley, where grapes have been grown for 2,000 years. Visit picturesque quintas and meet the winemakers who run them. In Porto, where the Douro River meets the Atlantic Ocean, explore architectural wonders, shop the bustling Rua de Santa Catarina and sip the city’s storied port wines at its preeminent cellars. Travel overland through the countryside and stop in Coimbra, Portugal’s third-largest city and birthplace of six of the country’s kings.
Reward your inner explorer with Portugal & the Douro River, an all gay adventure that blends captivating cities, picturesque villages and unparalleled scenic cruising through this less-traveled corner of Europe.
It’s the perfect combination of inspiring places and rich history in the comfort of an all-gay environment.
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in InterContinental Madrid (or similar), with daily buffet breakfast and half-day guided city tour of Madrid including visits of the Royal Palace and the Prado Museum.
- Hospitality desk at the hotel on arrival day.
- Transfer from Madrid to ship in Vega de Terron, with stop in Salamanca.
- Experience multiple Unesco World Heritage sites.
- 6 nights deluxe cruise accommodation.
- Life enriching tours and excursion.
- State-of-the-art portable audio-headset system on all excursions.
- Gourmet dining with all meals included during your cruise.
- Unlimited free-flowing beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, coffee, tea, mineral water and soft drinks.
- Bottled water in every stateroom replenished daily.
- Wireless Internet in all public areas.
- Welcome Dinner and Farewell Cocktail Party & Dinner.
- Onboard special highlights including cultural performances, educational discussion forums, theme dinners and ship tour.
- Transfer from ship to Porto airport.
- Optional 2-night post cruise extension in Lisbon.