Distinct and comfortable, refined and roomy—these attributes and more describe World Explorer.
The personal space on the World Explorer is exceptional. Every cabin has either a private walk-out or Juliet balcony for direct ocean views. World Explorer also delivers plenty of public areas to unwind in after a day outdoors, including the glass-domed Observation Lounge for full skyline views, the Explorer Lounge for a drink and a chat, and the library for more intimate relaxing and reading. Presentations and discussions are facilitated in a dedicated lecture theater.
Health and wellness facilities feature an outdoor running track, a small gym and a sauna, plus a spa with change rooms, showers and lockers. For the active adventurers, add-ons include kayaking, camping and stand-up paddle boarding.
Blending high design with total functionality, World Explorer is all set to be your home away from home on the seas.
World Explorer will be an environmentally friendly polar expedition ship, incorporating advanced marine technology with a hybird propulsion fuel-efficient Rolls Royce Diesel Electric engine.
- All cabins have exterior views and private bathroom facilities
- TV and safe in every cabin
- Individual temperature controls
- Electrical supply: 220v
- Chef-prepared meals (all meals and daily snack included)
- One dining room with unreserved seating
- Included alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages served at Dinner
- Bar staffed by a professional bartender serving a selection of soft drinks, juices, liquors, spirits, beer and wine, which can be charged to your shipboard account
- Comfortable lounge area for reading or relaxing with a cup of coffee
- Observation decks for spotting wildlife and enjoying the ever-changing polar landscape
- Polar library stocked with a large collection of polar books, and games
- Pool & sauna
- Spa facilities and wellness program
- Lecture theatre
- Polar Boutique
- Ship-to-shore satellite communications with email and wireless Internet access
- Zodiac Cruising (included)
- Kayaking (additional charge)
- Camping (additional charge)
- Standup Paddleboarding (additional charge)
- Staff and Crew: 125
- Guests: 176 (140 on Antarctic Express programs)
- Length: 126 meters
- Breadth: 19 meters
- Draft: 4.7 meters
- Propulsion: 2 x Rolls Royce 9,000 kw hybrid diesel/electric
- Ice Class: 1B
- Cruising Speed: 16 knots, in open water
- Registration: Portugal
- Lifeboats: 2, fully-enclosed