Immerse yourself in the natural beauty and culture of two beautiful Himalayan Kingdoms in one magical LGBT+ tour of Nepal and Bhutan.
Easily combined with our Splendors of India Cruise and Tour. Call us for more details.
Enter the serene and spiritual lands of Nepal and Bhutan, and experience the countries’ rich histories and unique cultural heritages. From the brightly colored fluttering prayer flags of Nepal to the elaborate traditional dress of the Bhutanese, these fascinating countries will delight your inner explorer.
While the natural sights of this incredible region are hard to surpass, this tour does not neglect the local culture and traditions. Learn the ancient arts of traditional healing, meditate with monks in centuries-old monasteries, and shop at markets crowded with local artisans. And you’ll do all this while staying in a premium selection of the region’s finest hotels as Brand g vacations hosts ensure your comfort throughout.
In Nepal, you’ll wander Kathmandu’s old narrow alleys, carved temples and bustling markets, visit Durbar Square, the 5th-century Swayambhunath stupa, explore the medieval city of Bhaktapur and catch a birds-eye-view of Everest with an optional 1-hour mountain flight.
In Bhutan, you’ll discover the impressive 12th-century Changangkha Lhakhang temple, visit the Folk Heritage Museum, the 108 memorial stupas(Druk Wangyal Chortens) and climb to the cliff-side Taktsang monastery (Tiger’s Nest) perched 3,000 ft. above the lush valley.
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Pashupatinath and Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Explore Boudhanath, the largest Buddhist stupa in Asia
- Visits to Bhaktapur and Patan, the oldest settlements in the valley
- Swayambhunath the “Monkey Temple”
- 1-hour mountain flight, focus on Mt. Everest (Optional at an additional cost)
- Experience Thimphu, the capital of the Kingdom of Bhutan and the nation’s largest city
- Stroll the Thimphus Farmers Weekend Market
- Tour the Motithang Takin Preserve, a wildlife reserve area for Takin, the national animal of Bhutan
- Visit the fortresses Punakha Dzong and Rinpung Dzong
- Hike to the striking monastic retreat of Paro Taktsang, the “Tiger’s Nest”
- Includes program internal flight from Kathmandu to Paro
- Includes 10 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches and 9 Dinners
You should schedule your flights to arrive in Kathmandu, Nepal (KTM) by March 11, 2021. The first activity will be a welcome reception and dinner at the hotel, which will begin at approximately 5:30pm. You should schedule your departure from Paro (PBH) at at anytime on March 21, 2021. Hotel check-out time is 11am that day.***
***If you are combining this program with the India program, your flight from Paro to Delhi will be arranged by Brand g vacations. Consult your confirmation for the India program to determine your flight home at the completion of that program.